Monday, August 1, 2016

Heart 2 Heart - Florence

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is to use the Florence Paper Pack or the same colours that are in that paper pack - so Peacock, Poppy, Ruby, Flaxen and Saffron. It's an interesting colour combination, for sure, but the paper pack contains some gorgeous papers. 

I chose to try a brand new technique for me - something that I was shown at the Close To My Heart Annual Convention. It is a watercolour technique where the paper is covered with water first and then dots of colour are added. A sheet of cling wrap is placed on top while the paint is wet (and you have to do this very quickly as the paint dries fast) and simply moved around to sort of blend the colours and create somewhat of a pattern. It is left on the paper until the paint is almost dry and then removed. The pattern on the front of my card is what I ended up with. I am NOT an artist and was afraid to try adding to the pattern so I left it as it turned out. I tried to match the paint colours of Poppy, Ruby and Peacock but they all ended up smooshed together so it's hard to tell that they once were the actual colours... 

I saw this gorgeous card design on Pinterest but the artist's blog has not been updated since 2011 so unfortunately, there is no link to provide for reference.

The black floral stamp is from a very old stamp set - the Flirty Workshop on the Go.. I LOVE that image and have held onto that stamp set just for that image! 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you use the Florence Paper Pack or the Florence colour scheme on your project. You have the entire month of August to enter this challenge or any of the upcoming challenges this month. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Florence Paper Pack, Watercolour Paper, Poppy Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock (base) 
Stamps: Flirty Workshop on the Go Stamp (ret.), Finding the Words 
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Poppy
Accessories: Watercolour Paints, Paintbrush Set, Peacock Fundamental Embellishments (ret.), Florence Sequins, Damask Embossing Folder (ret.), Cling Wrap

Enjoy, 
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Alyson, thanks for sharing and giving us the
    directions.
    Have a great day!
    :) Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Alyson, I really love that background and the blending of the colors are striking...smooshed is good...I'll have to try that technique. The whole card is so nicely put together with the colors and textures...stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)