Monday, October 5, 2015

Heart 2 Heart - Sketch Challenge

Heart 2 Heart's challenge this week is a sketch - my favourite kind of challenge! Almost everything I create is based from a sketch of some sort - cards, layouts, anything. I am so non-creative when left to fend for myself... I find I need something to get myself started and a sketch is the perfect way! 

Sketches are NOT designed to be followed exactly, either. You certainly can do that if you wish, but they can be manipulated in many, many ways, Card sketches can be used for layouts and vice versa. Rotate them, add or delete items (unless you are entering a challenge and it clearly indicates what has to be present...), but make it your own! 

I chose to follow this sketch pretty closely, just because I really liked it and it worked for what I had in mind. The sketch can be seen below the card. 



Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your interpretation of this gorgeous sketch! You have the entire month of October to enter this and any challenges this month.

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Sangria Paper Pack, Colonial White Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Pomegranate Cardstock, Poppy Cardstock
Stamps: Just To Say,,, Cricut Collection
Inks: Eggplant
Accessories: Artistry Cricut Cartridge, Artiste Cricut Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Bronze Shimmer Trim, Gold Foil Tape, Bling Gems Gold Assortment, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson



1 comment:

  1. I love the sketch for this week and your card certainly does follow closely. So vibrant and rich with color...hope I can do as well. I liked all the September challenges and I'm looking forward to doing the October challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)