Monday, March 20, 2017

Atlantic Hearts 204 - Birthday Roses

I love the sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts - but then again, I really enjoy creating with sketches all the time! I decided to stick with the flowers as my focus in the lower left corner although you could certainly choose to use whatever element you want. 

I actually played around with three different types of flowers and decided to go with these ones as they had a less formal appearance than the others I tried. I wanted very bold colours for the flowers and leaves so I went with a muted background of triangles from the Sugar Rush paper pack. Once again, photographing the silver tape was such a  problem... between light and shadows, it either ends up with various colours, some even being blue, or it ends up looking black like it does here. It really is silver! The background isn't ideal but I ended up taking the picture when it was dark outside so the lighting was very hard to work around - overhead lights shine down and make that tape look all sorts of colours! 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Sugar Rush Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Hello Lovely - Scrapbooking, Holiday Tags (ret.)
Inks: Willow, Pixie, Raspberry
Accessories: Silver Tape, Small Sparkles Flourishes (ret.), Sugar Rush Gems, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Alyson. That sketch is so you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Alyson and love the rhinestone flourish and the pop of colors against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card Alyson
    I am sure the silver makes it look amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)