Monday, November 9, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Challenge 133

The sketch at Atlantic Hearts this week is a layered sketch - I am not sure how you would do this without using layers upon layers... 
I counted all my layers and in total, there are 13 layers on my card! That can make for a very heavy card, but I did cut out some of the centres to help to make it a bit lighter! 

I wanted to use a colour scheme that I stumbled on a few weeks ago that I really liked - purple and yellow. Plus, I am really loving the Paper Fundamentals and with that being a huge focus this month at Close to My Heart with the Constant Campaign, I thought I would focus on that for this card. 

I followed the sketch very closely, just extending the sentiment and the border to the edges of the card. 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of this this week's sketch. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Card Base, White Daisy Cardstock, Eggplant Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Purple Glitter Paper, Enchantment Paper Fundamentals (Eggplant), Whimsy Paper Fundamentals (Thistle)
Stamps: Look to the Light
Inks: Eggplant
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge, Thin Foam Tape, Purple Hearts Enamel and Glitter Duos

Enjoy, 
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. I know what you're talking about, there were a lot of layers...I think I eliminated three on my challenge only because I used one background for the squares using a frame I cut from cricut. Again, your colors are so vibrant and I'm a big fan of using Paper Fundamentals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new AHSC has me baffled...I was checking out to see what you created. HELP :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)