Monday, November 16, 2015

Heart 2 Heart - Watercolour Challenge

The challenge this week at H2H is watercolours... EEK! This is NOT my strength and when I saw this challenge, it scared the pants off me! I put it off as long as I could until I knew I would have to face it and deal with it... 
Painting has always been a fear of mine as I have never been able to do it well. I almost failed grade 8 art because of it (yes... absolutely true) and never took art after that time. I have watched a lot of videos and tried various techniques and none have really worked for me but I thought I would try a watercolour wash... It didn't exactly turn out as I had planned... 
Mine ended up looking more "painted" than a wash... however, it was usable and that's what matters at this time, so at least I was able to create something that I could use! And it even sort of matched two palette colours - Thistle and Pear - BONUS! 
I added some Shimmer trim and a few embellishments plus my sentiment - not quite as scary as I thought - and I have a usable card in the end. Maybe I'll spend some more time with the paints and see what else I can do :) 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your watercolour skills - they HAVE to be better than mine! You have the rest of the month to enter any or all of the November challenges. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Pear Cardstock
Stamps: Perfect Fit Birthday
Inks: Eggplant, Pear
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artistry Cartridge, Watercolour Paints, Watercolour Brushes, Purple Shimmer Trim, White Shimmer Trim, Thistle Thick Twine, Purple Hearts Enamel and Glitter Duos, Thin Foam Tape, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Alyson, you always use such nice bright colors. Beautiful card. I also have that fear of watercolor and I have had my set from CTMH over a month, but it looks like I will be experimenting with it too for the Heart2Heart challenge. If I'm as successful as you are, I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love those colors together... love how flexible the watercolors are and so much fun to make a background with them, but I just love what you did with the Cricut cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)