Monday, November 30, 2015

Heart 2 Heart - 'Tis the Season Challenge

This week at Heart 2 Heart, the challenge is "'Tis the Season". Obviously it's Christmas time but the actual challenge is to use a product or products featured in the Close To My Heart Holiday Expressions Catalog. I love almost everything in that catalog so this was a tough decision for me. One of my favourite stamp sets is the stamp from the White Pines Cardmaking Workshop on the Go kit. The wreath is my favourite stamp in that set, so I decided to focus on that. 

I also love monochromatic or minimal colour cards - so that was my second focus. Christmas cards in non-traditional colours is a third love of mine - so why not combine all three elements? 

Using White Daisy and Peacock with a touch of Silver, the design for this card was taken from Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1. The wreath was heat embossed and the background was random stamped with some of the smaller images from the same stamp set. It didn't take long to do and I love the end result. 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your favourite products from the Holiday Expressions Catalog. You have until the end of December to enter any of the December challenges. 

Products used are all Close to My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Silver Glitter Paper, Enchantment Paper Fundamentals (Peacock)
Stamps: White Pines Cardmaking Stamp Set
Inks: Peacock Pigment Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Peacock Fundamentals Assortment

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)