Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just Sittin' Here... Card - Dakota Papers

I have been trying to post as often as possible but find I am falling behind... my goal is 5 posts a week (without the help of videos or other things from corporate) but that's a really tough pace to maintain, especially when you miss a day in your studio! 

Today's offering is a card using the Dakota papers. I also got out my sewing machine. I do not sew (other than on my cards and layouts) and it caused me a LOT of frustration to do the seam binding at the bottom of this card. I was just about ready to toss the machine and all its parts through my window this afternoon... Because the ribbon was so narrow, I couldn't adhere it with adhesive first or it would jam up my machine so trying to hold it in place was a real task. However, it eventually got done. 
I think the sentiment is perfect for this card - I can just picture a cowboy on his horse, speaking these words while waiting for his lady. Maybe that's just my mind working overtime because I'm so tired today... 
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Dakota Paper Pack, Barn Red Cardstock, Pacifica Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Whisper Cardstock, Corrugated Cardboard (not CTMH)
Stamps: Card Chatter - Sympathy
Inks: Pacifica, Barn Red, Black Distressing Ink
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Edge Distresser, Burlap Ribbon, Hemp, Buttons - Basic Assortment, Colour Ready Seam Binding, Sponge Dauber, Foam Tape, Sewing Machine and Black Thread (not CTMH)

3 comments:

  1. Lots of fun detail on this card, Alyson!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, totally into this distressed card! So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shabby look on this card, very nice Alyson!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)