Monday, May 4, 2015

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Mum's the Word

This week at Heart 2 Heart, the challenge is "Mum's the Word". That can be taken literally as in Mum or Mom for Mother's Day, which is what I did, or keeping something under wraps, as in a secret. Or you may find yet another meaning. That's one of the great things about Heart 2 Heart Challenges is that there can be so many ways to interpret a challenge! 

I needed a Mother's Day card, so this challenge was a perfect way for me to create that card and still complete the challenge :) 

I pulled out my favourite paper pack - Blossom - to create my card. I used a sketch from the Make It From Your Heart - Volume 2 book. A few Cricut cuts later, some glitter paper and embellishments and this was not a difficult card to complete at all. The tops of the stick pins were coloured using a ShinHan marker (green) and a Sharpie marker for the orange one. I tried using a ShinHan marker to do the orange one but it wasn't dark enough so I had to resort to my Sharpie marker for that one. I am sure my mom will love this card! 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges and create your project today. 
You have the entire month to enter any of the challenges at Heart 2 Heart so get your 
creative mojo going and join us! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Blossom Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Sunset Cardstock, Teal Glitter Paper
Stamps: Perfect Fit Frames, Holiday Tags
Inks: Pear, Lagoon, Sunset
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Bling Stick Pins (ret.), Teal Base and Bling Embellishments (ret.), Laughing Lola Assortment (ret.), Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Lagoon Baker's Twine (ret.)
ShinHan Markers, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful- I love how you coloured the stick pins to match and also used some base and bling embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)