Monday, January 7, 2019

The Important Things LO


Welcome back to Heart 2 Heart! 

I hope you had an amazing Christmas holiday! 
Now it's time to get back into the swing of things here at Heart 2 Heart. 

The first challenge of the year is titled "The Important Things". Different things are important to people - family, friends, pets, heirlooms - something might be important to someone and it's not our place to determine what that is. Everyone has an "important thing" in his/her life. This week at Heart 2 Heart, it's time to celebrate those important things! 

I have some very important people in my life, but I can't possibly celebrate all of them in one post. I wish I could! However, for the purpose of this post, I chose to do this twofold. The family below is very important to me. They are from my church family and are such an inspiration. This layout was actually a Christmas gift and was framed for them. 


The papers in this layout were a real mix from a variety of paper packs... It was hard to find the right combination of papers to work with the colours in the picture. I had piles of paper packs piled up with sheets pulled from about 20 paper packs until I finally found what I wanted! 

I used watercolour paints to splatter the background - and I am still finding blue paint on my white studio furniture today as it was too cold to do that outside. It is amazing how far paint travels in that process! The title was stamped with pigment ink and embossed. 

The other little details were added after the photo was placed and the large Cricut cut pieces were adhered. I am so happy with how this turned out. 

Truly, the important things matter. Celebrate yours! 

Come and share your important things with us at Heart 2 Heart - you have until the end of January to link up you project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Linen Cardstock, Espresso Cardstock, Ruby Cardstock, White Glitter Paper, Fresh Air Paper Pack, Boutique Paper Pack, Jack Paper Pack, Grateful Heart Paper Pack
Stamps: Grateful Heart Cardmaking, Chelsea Gardens Scrapbooking
Inks: Black, Espresso, Charcoal, Ruby, Sapphire, Sapphire Pigment Ink
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Gold Shimmer Brush, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Watercolour Paints, Paint Brushes, Thin Foam Tape, Foam Tape, Gold Pearls, Gold Flecked Gems, 3-D Foam Dots

Enjoy,
Alyson




1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful layout! I am sure the family loved loved loved this as a gift!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)