Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Seasonal Expressions 1 New Product Blog Hop


Welcome to the Seasonal Expressions 1 New Product Blog Hop. This blog hop features NEW and EXCITING products from the Seasonal Expressions 1 catalog. There are a lot of terrific new products - 4 brand new paper packs, each with coordinating complements and a cardmaking kit, a pile of new stamps and other fabulous goodies as well! I am sure you will see some of these along this blog hop so enjoy the tour!

You should have arrived here from Gina Brandstetter's blog

If you get lost, a list of all participating bloggers can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog.

Chelsea Gardens is a beautiful paper pack in the new catalog and like many, it is my favourite paper pack. Another product that I LOVE is the new Make It From Your Heart - Volume 4. It is a card making program with 24 patterns plus inspirational artwork to support each pattern. The patterns are very basic and can be used and interpreted in so many ways. My card below is based on Pattern #23.

Vellum has always been a challenge for me because I don't like leaving the edges without adhesive and there is not always a place to adhere it down. I thought I would try something different this time. Rather than placing a sheet of vellum over top of my patterned paper, I decided to wrap the vellum completely around it and secure it on the back. Even if I was only using a piece that didn't cover an entire piece of paper like mine does, this would work because I could secure the two ends around the back. 
Let me explain. I cut my vellum about 1/2 an inch larger on each side than the paper I wanted to cover. I scored it slightly larger than the paper, knowing I would need a bit of extra room. I secured it on the back with scor-tape, which is the adhesive I use for strong items. I did the two opposite sides and then the top and bottom. This is what the back looks like: 


And this is what the front looks like - no need to hide anything with adhesive! And since the back is completely flat, it can be adhered easily to my card as well. It makes the busy paper softer which is exactly the effect I wanted. 


I masked the small flower under the sentiment so I could stamp the leaves behind it. The rest of this card came together so easily. 


The photo below shows the shimmer on the flowers that doesn't show up in the full picture. 


I hope you enjoyed my project. 

The next blog on this hop is Michelle Loncar's blog.
I am certain she has something wonderful to share with you!

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Charcoal Cardstock, Vellum
Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking, Sending Prayers
Inks: Charcoal, Lagoon, Fern
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, ShinHan Markers, Chelsea Gardens Dots and Gems, Clear Shimmer Brush, Whimsy Ribbon Pack, White and Gold Ribbon, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking Thin Cuts, Scallop Border Thin Cuts

Enjoy, 
Alyson



8 comments:

  1. Breathtaking card! I love your vellum tip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love how you incorporated the vellum! I have never done so like that and may have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Fabulous! Every aspect works - I sense the illustion of a shelve with the black scallops, ribbon and diagonal stripes. LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vellum definitely softened the look of your card. I had never tried fastening it on back. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson this is a gorgeous card! Your idea about the vellum is so smart, too! I've got to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love how you used the vellum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for the vellum tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)