Monday, August 15, 2016

Captured Moment Layout

I collect a lot of photos on Pinterest - photos that inspire me for various reasons. Many of them are of animals and recently, I found the one that I used for the layout below. I absolutely LOVE this photograph. The colours are exquisite and it captures the bird in a perfect position, looking backwards at something. I don't do a lot of scrapbooking any longer as I don't have children of my own and I don't tend to take many photographs myself. 

Many of the pieces on this page are cut from Close To My Heart's new Cricut cartridge, Flower Market. I had a hard time with the editing of the colours on this layout... The background paper has light blue stripes but they show up more grey in the pictures. And that Shimmer Pen... it just doesn't want to show up for me at all! I covered all the flowers with it and there is no sign of it in the photos... It is absolutely there in real life, though! 


This photos shows the details on the left side. The vellum piece has diagonal lines on it but they are hard to see with the lines on the background paper. 


The final photo shows the detail of the flowers above the photo (even though the Shimmer Pen doesn't show up on any of the flowers...) 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Whimsy Fundamentals (Crystal Blue Lines), Adventure Fundamentals (Willow Arrows), Basic Fundamentals (Diagonal Vellum), White Daisy Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Sea Glass Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Eggplant Cardstock, Crystal Blue Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock
Stamps: Ink Blot, Capture This
Inks: Pansy Pigment Ink, Crystal Blue, Lagoon
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, White Doily (not CTMH), Sponge, Blue Circle Enamel and Glitter Gems, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Mini Stapler, Shimmer Pen

Enjoy, 
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Alyson
    What a beautiful layout! I love how you used the bird for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color combination of your layout and matching to your photograph is perfect...stunning page. Again, you're making great use of Paper Fundamentals, and changing my thoughts on the new papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)