Monday, October 26, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 131

This week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts calls for layers - can be a few or several, depending how you interpret the sketch. I chose to add several. I pulled out one of my favourite stamp sets - Wavy Blooms, but decided to use a colour that is not a favourite for me, but I thought I should give it a fair chance. That colour is Saffron. I tend to like the bolder, brighter colours. When I paired Saffron with Thistle, I rather liked the combination and adding Cocoa as a neutral made a big difference as well. 

Rather than trying to work in a paper pack, I decided to use the new Paper Fundamental cardstock for the patterned paper elements. The only Cricut cut was to weld together a square and a border for the Saffron piece. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and show us your interpretation of this week's sketch. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Basic Fundamental Cardstock Pack (Cocoa), Whimsy Fundamental Cardstock Pack (Thistle)
Stamps: Wavy Blooms, Banner Wishes
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cocoa
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artbooking Cartridge, Bronze Shimmer Trim, Thistle Thick Twine, Diamond Embossing Folder, Bling Gems Gold Assortment, Grey Enamel Gems, ShinHan Markers, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape 

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. LOVE these colors together... this card is gorgeous...makes my eyes happy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)