Thursday, March 8, 2012

Friendship Card - Multiple Challenges

This week is the first time I have made cards that actually meet the requirements for more than one challenge and it has been an interesting experience for me. The card below was a special one... If you look carefully, the piece with the writing on it has been especially created just for this card. Our Creative Corner challenge required that you incorporate song lyrics as inspiration, so I used the lyrics from one of my favourite songs from when I was a teenager. The song is called "Friends" and it is by Michael W. Smith. It was so appropriate at the time for me when I was in high school as most of my friends were a year ahead of me and leaving for university. I still had my last year of high school to complete. It was so hard to see them leave and that's what this song is all about - "Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them".
The other challenges met here were the Ribbon Carousel where you had to use felt and Freshly Made Sketches (click on any of the challenges to go to the websites).  

Enjoy, 
Alyson

All products are CTMH unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Florentine Paper Pack, Vanilla Cream Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Twilight Cardstock
Stamps: Friendship Blessings (ret.)
Inks: Twilight
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Felt (ret.), Foam Tape, Blue Ribbon (not CTMH), Computer Font (not CTMH)

6 comments:

  1. Love how you incorporated the song lyrics in your card. Congrats on combining the challenges! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card Alyson ... I love that felt flourish and those gorgeous paper roses ...love your song inspiration too ... a fabulous take on both challenges this week!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner and Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project! Thanks for playing at RCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that the felt part is that gorgeous flourish! Perfect! Thanks for playing with RCC. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those flowers! Great job with the sketch, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like flowers nice job, perfect thinking i love your way.. great work..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)